Whether you’re looking for a home for sale in Jupiter, Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter Island, Palm Beach or Northern Palm Beach County in general, choosing a neighborhood is almost as critical as choosing the actual home itself; it needs to be safe, affordable and provide your family with everything it needs to be happy and fulfilled.
If you plan to buy a home in Palm Beach or Martin County, keep in mind that you’re not just buying a home, you’re investing in a neighborhood. Ask yourself what the most important features of a neighborhood are to you. Do you need quiet streets, resort style amenities, parks, close proximity to shopping, restaurants and nightlife? Do you prefer a new development or an established, mature community? Do you prefer a neighborhood with young families, single people or empty nesters?
1. Crime and Safety – Use the internet to research crime statistics by neighborhood. Call the local police department and ask questions about the neighborhood’s safety.
2. Curb Appeal – Take note of the condition of the homes in the neighborhood including front yards, streets and sidewalks. Observe whether or not the neighbors take pride in their home, make eye contact with you or wave hello.
3. Transportation – How far away is the neighborhood from your place of business? What is your commute time? How close is the nearest airport? How long will it take your children to get to school?
4. Schools – Call the school board in Palm Beach County www.palmbeachschools.org or Martin County www.martinschools.org for the most up to date information on what public schools are assigned to the neighborhood you are considering and the grade for these schools.
5. Property Values – Ask your Frankel Realty Group agent to pull comparables sales and current listings real estate for the Palm Beach or Martin County neighborhood you are considering. Have there been many short sales or foreclosures in the neighborhood? Is their future planned development within close proximity to the neighborhood your considering?
6. Amenities - Think about what amenities are important for your family’s lifestyle. Are you a boater? Do you play golf or tennis? Is a country club important to you? Maybe you need an oceanfront home for sale in Palm Beach or Martin County? Or maybe being on a canal with a boat behind you home is your idea of perfection. What about a community pool, gym or clubhouse?
Whatever your needs are, answers to these questions will give your Frankel Realty Group agent the tools necessary to help you make the right decision and find the perfect community.